[Source: City of Phoenix]
Councilman Michael Nowakowski will host his District 7 Crime Summit at 8 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 26, at the Phoenix Police Training facility, 10001 S. 15th Ave. The summit will bring together law enforcement personnel, city staff and local residents to discuss crime issues in their communities, police resources, Block Watch, Phoenix Neighborhood Patrol (PNP), and Blight and Graffiti Busters programs.
Speakers will include Public Safety Manager Jack Harris and a presentation on the Police Community Engagement and Outreach Task Force. Residents will be able to speak directly with the District 7 precinct commanders (Estrella, South Mountain, Maryvale and Squaw Peak police precincts) along with community action officers and code enforcement officers.
- 8 to 8:30 a.m. – Registration
- 8:30 to 9 a.m. – Opening remarks from Councilman Nowakowski, Public Safety Manager Jack Harris and Assistant Police Chief Andy Anderson
- 9 to 10 a.m. – Breakout sessions for each precinct area with community action officers, Block Watch representatives and Blight and Graffiti Busters
- 10:15 to 11:30 a.m. – Panel discussion with representatives from the Police and Neighborhood Services departments, PNP and Block Watch
- 11:30 to noon – Lunch, followed by an optional tour of the facility
Lunch will be provided (at no cost to city taxpayers). RSVPs are requested. To confirm your attendance, call the District 7 Office at 602-262-7492 or e-mail email@example.com.