Category Archives: Events
Join us for the next Downtown Voices Coalition Steering Committee meeting on Saturday, June 8, 2019, 9:30-11:30 a.m., Roosevelt Commons, 825 N. 6th Avenue. Here’s the agenda:
- WELCOME, INTRODUCTIONS & ANNOUNCEMENTS ~ Jeff Sherman, Chair
- Upcoming events & activities
- GENERAL BUSINESS (90 minutes)
- Recap of 2019 State Legislature ~ Ryan Boyd (10 minutes)
- Update on True North Studio projects ~ Nate Sonoskey (20/20 minutes)
- Update on Downtown development projects and activity ~ Dan Klocke (10/10 minutes)
- Update on illuminated sign issue ~ Doug Newton (5 minutes)
- Other items ~ Jeff/All
- DVC BUSINESS (20 minutes)
- Discuss summer meeting schedule ~ Jeff
- Discuss DVC 15th Anniversary for 3rd/4th quarter ~ All
- Update from Planning & Infrastructure Subcommittee ~ Kyle Foxcroft and Nate
- Update from Homelessness & Housing Affordability Subcommittee ~ Tim Sprague
- Update from Arts Issues Subcommittee ~ Steve Weiss and Louise Roman
Note: For downtown events and activities, visit Phoenix Urban Guide https://phoenixurbanguide.com/calendar/ and Downtown Phoenix Inc.’s Events Calendar http://dtphx.org/calendar/. For a list of community, neighborhood, and city hall meetings, visit DVC’s Downtown Phoenix Advocacy Calendar https://downtownvoices.org/calendar/
Please join us on Saturday, April 9, starting at 9:30 a.m. at the Roosevelt Commons Clubhouse, 825 N. 6th Avenue, for the next Downtown Voices Coalition Steering Committee meeting. While our agenda is being finalized, feel free to review the minutes from our March 12 meeting, available here: http://bit.ly/1RAIbmU
WELCOME & INTRODUCTIONS
Call for Steering Committee and Officer Nominations
• Community Benefits & GPLETs
• Best Practices in RFPs
• DVC Fund Development
West of Central
• Stewart Motor Co. (development proposal presentation)
• Phoenix Trolley Museum
• West Fillmore RFP
• Arizona State Fair (1938 WPA Administration Building)
East of Central
• Knipe House RFP
• Derby Roosevelt Row GPLET
• Wurth House (fund-raising & April 16 Serve-A-Thon event)
• 3rd St. Promenade (April 12 subcommittee meeting)
• 7th St. & Roosevelt Electronic Billboard
• Roosevelt BID
• Block 23 (grocery store)
• PHX Commons
• Welnick Marketplace
• City of Phoenix Sustainability Goals (updated document here: http://bit.ly/1Ve3oFC
• Hance Park (and demolition of 1949 Medical Center)
• Liquor Stores Near Neighborhoods (state legislation)
• FAA Flight Path
• Sky Harbor Land Reuse Strategy process: https://skyharbor.com/LandReuseStrategy
Next Meeting, Saturday, May 14, 2016, 9:30 a.m.
We look forward to seeing you on April 9. Thanks for all that you do for our community.
Chair, Steering Committee
Downtown Voices Coalition
Dear friends and supporters of Downtown Voices Coalition:
DVC had issues with trying to secure a date with our most interested venue for our 10th Anniversary Celebration and as the dates continued to conflict, our Steering Committee decided to postpone until Fall 2014.
Expect news over the summer as we get our event better planned and decide on the perfect place and date. Thanks for signing up, and we’ll keep you informed via the usual email list for more information. Our May meeting is still cancelled but we will have our next General Meeting Saturday, June 14.
Finally, please continue to send your pictures of DVC events and activities over the past decade to email@example.com! These can include any pictures you have from DVC events or DVC’s participation at other events; downtown buildings that have been saved, rehabilitated, or lost; and the things you love or don’t love about downtown Phoenix.
Thanks for all you do for downtown Phoenix,
Edward C.H. Jensen
Secretary, Steering Committee
on behalf of the DVC Steering Committee
The Holiness Project will be presented at The Icehouse Phoenix located at 429 W Jackson St., Phoenix, AZ, 85003 on Saturday, May 3rd from 7:00 to 9:30pm with reception immediately following. Featuring performances from local artists Taran Emmert, Patrick Michael Finn, Jake Friedman and Four Chambers Press, Heather Lee Harper, Keith Kelly, Jeanette LeBlanc, Akiva Yael, Ashley Oakley, John Elliott Oyzon, Erin Schaad, Chris Danowski, Melissa Tramuta, Jane Ysadora, and Cassandra Wallick; with visual art from Joshua T. Ruth, Jillian Sinclair, Chanelle Sinclair, and Indiana Nelson. Cuisine by 24 Carrots.
The Holiness Project is a multimedia performance event and art show exploring the intersection of the sacred and the mundane. What does holiness mean on the most personal level? What happens when the ordinary objects of our bodies, lives, minds and hearts cross paths with something greater? The Holiness Project explores these questions in an immersive/interactive evening of film, dance, performance art, poetry, music, and kirtan.
Doors at 6:30. Performance promptly at 7:00pm. Admission is $11, no one turned away. For more information, contact Jane Ysadora at firstname.lastname@example.org.