[Source: Yuri Arbitise, Jane’s Walk Phoenix Coordinator] — The May 2, 2009 Jane’s Walk Phoenix will focus on the northern part of downtown Phoenix between 7th Ave. and 7th St, and Van Buren and Interstate 10 (i.e., Roosevelt neighborhood, Evans Churchill neighborhood, and ASU Downtown Phoenix Campus).
While this area in mind, walk organizers would appreciate your responses to as many of the questions below as you like (five would be great)! Your answers will help in selecting a specific walk route and identifying features and concepts to point out during the course of the walk. For this survey, “neighborhood” refers to the northern part of downtown as explained above.
In addition, with your permission, organizers would like to profile some respondent’s answers in the Jane’s Walk Phoenix Blog. However, if you would rather your answers to be anonymous or confidential, that’s no problem!). Just cut and paste your responses into an e-mail to email@example.com
- What are some important meeting spaces in your neighborhood? (important for work, food, thinking, recreation, laughing with friends, local politics — think broadly)
- What spaces are you most proud of in your neighborhood?
- What are some important green-spaces?
- What are some interesting short-cuts you take?
- Where do kids like to play? Adults? Retired folks?
- Where are some spaces that feel more private, like a small urban oasis?
- Do any buildings have unusual marks or features?
- What is your favorite adaptive use project? (older buildings that have been reconfigured into different uses)?
- Where do you feel most comfortable?
- Are there any important historical spaces in your neighborhood?
- Where do you not feel safe?
- What is a space that you really dislike?
- What is your favorite mixed-use location (places that mix retail, business, and residential)?
- Are there spaces you would like to see change?
- Are therer spaces/features you want to see preserved?
- Is there an important question or idea that should be talked about by everyone?