The Phoenix Historic Neighborhoods Coalition will meet Thursday, March 19, starting at 7 p.m. at the Phoenix Elementary Dist. #1 Governing Board Room (turn south off Palm Lane, just east of 7th St.; meeting room at northeast corner of the campus). Among the agenda items:
- Barbara Stocklin, City of Phoenix Historic Preservation Officer, will offer several updates, including grant program changes and palm tree maintenance/preservation.
- Discussion of possible effects of deletion and modification of stipulations on Park Central Mall property.
- Report on effects of budget crisis on Phoenix Elementary District #1 schools and programs.
- Nominations are due April 4, for the Governor’s Heritage Preservation Awards (now in its 27th year). Details here.
- 2009 Historic Preservation Luncheon at the Arizona Biltmore Resort and Spa on May 5, 11:30 a.m. Carl Elefante from Washington D.C. will speak on greening historic and vintage buildings. Seats are $50, and reservations are being handled through the Capitol Mall Association via e-mail or phone 602-340-0745.
- The 7th Annual Statewide Historic Preservation Partnership Conference will be held June 18 – 20 at the Downtown Hyatt-Regency. Details here.
- Want to help with the current budget crisis? Stephen Procaccini has alerted us to a new city web page where people can search for ways to volunteer at city parks, social service programs, libraries, etc. Click here.
- Learn more about Arizona Archaeology & Heritage Month. Click here for events calendar.