Downtown Voices October Meeting, Oct. 11
Time once again for Downtown Voices Coalition’s monthly Steering Committee Meeting. Please join us on Saturday, October 11, starting at 9:30 a.m. at the Roosevelt Commons Clubhouse, 825 N. 6th Avenue.
Prior to attending Saturday’s meeting, make sure you review and provide your personal opinions/ideas on the various DRAFT urban development related plans now percolating through various city departments and commissions:
Now take a peek at Saturday’s agenda. New items are highlighted in red. Any and all short & sweet updates on the agenda items are welcome (as is more detailed discussion if necessary). The “other” bullet points allow for new/other/just-came-up items under each section to be discussed.
Welcome & Introductions
- Guest Speakers: Containers on Grand, Brian Stark (architect/builder) and Kathleen Santin
- Review/Approval of Minutes
- Treasurer’s Report
- 10th Anniversary Celebration
- Airport Flight Pattern Changes, various downtown neighborhoods
- Downtown Phoenix, Inc.
- Fairview Place/State Fairgrounds
- Grand Avenue/GAMA
- Hance Park/Hance Park Conservancy
- Roosevelt Row/Evans Churchill
- 2nd St. & Portland RFP
- Ballpark Apartments, Warehouse District
- Central Station RFP
- Convention Center/Matador RFP
- Lennar “Muse” Development, Central & McDowell
- Knipe House/2nd St. RFP
- Reinvent Phoenix
- Garfield Neighborhood trees (Solid Waste Dept. requirements)
- Hanny’s tree removal
- Downtown Phoenix Comprehensive Transportation Plan
- GRID Bike Share
- Roosevelt Streetscape Project
- The Newton Grand Opening, Oct. 11
- Radiate PHX, US Airways Center, Oct. 21
- Make a Difference Day, Hance Park, Oct. 25
- Environmental Awareness Week, Irish Cultural Center, Oct. 31 (guest Dan O’Neill)
- Proposition 487 (“pension spiking”) As background, here’s a link to an Arizona Republic article that highlights the pros/cons of the proposition.
At any time you’re welcome to check out our Downtown Phoenix Community Calendar, online at downtownvoices.org/calendar. If you know of events to add to the calendar, please send the information to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing you on Saturday for a great morning of discussion, conversation, and action.