DVC Statement on Rezoning of Sahara Hotel/Ramada Inn into another parking lot.
Note: Background information the Sahara Hotel Ramada Inn is here http://bit.ly/9wqIHC
On August 12, a zoning hearing to change the usage status of the Sahara Hotel/Ramada Inn, where Downtown Voices Coalition and other concerned citizens were hoping to voice their discontent with making an existing vintage motor hotel into a “temporary” parking lot, was continued by the City.
We firmly believe that our statements led to this continuance, and by the time the rescheduled hearing on August 26th occurs, the demolition will be complete and our statements will be moot.
Nevertheless, the Downtown Voices Coalition wants to make their statement available to the public, to help spread the word about this ridiculous decision being taken by the City of Phoenix.
– Steve Weiss, subcommittee chair Sahara Hotel/Ramada Inn Preservation
More information on this property
- “Threatened: Phoenix’s Marilyn Monroe Motel,”
- “A City of Phoenix Native and ASU Alumni Disheartened By Her City and Alma Mater’s Greed, Lack of Historic Preservation, and NON-Sustainable Attitude?“
- “Community Commentary: More Parking For Downtown“
- “Dumb and Dumber: The City of Phoenix and ASU“
Posted on August 23, 2010, in Downtown Voices Coalition and tagged ALERT!, ASU, City of Phoenix, Demolition, Downtown Phoenix, Downtown Voices Coalition, Historic Preservation, Ramada Inn, Sahara Hotel, Sahara Motor Inn, Sheraton Hotel. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.