[Source: City of Phoenix] — As a result of the budget approved Tuesday by the Mayor and City Council, all Phoenix Public Library facilities will remain open. However, all but Burton Barr Central Library will be closed from one to two days a week beginning April 5. Here is the schedule:
- Libraries closed on Friday – Cesar Chavez, Cholla, Ironwood, Juniper, Mesquite, Palo Verde, and Saguaro libraries.
- Libraries closed on Sunday and Monday – Acacia, Agave, Century, Desert Broom, Desert Sage, Harmon, Ocotillo, and Yucca libraries.
- Burton Barr Central Library will be open seven days a week.
The libraries’ hours of service will be:
- Mondays: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays: 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Fridays and Saturdays: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Sundays: 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Burton Barr Central Library will also make some service reductions, including making the Accessibility Center, which provides material for customers with disabilities, available by appointment only.
Phoenix Public Library is a system of 15 branch libraries and the Burton Barr Central Library. For more information, call 602-262-4636 or visit phoenixpubliclibrary.org. Follow the library on Twitter at twitter.com/phxlibrary.