Downtown Voices Coalition invites you to attend an open, facilitated, and collegial discussion on what has been accomplished in our downtown and what remains to be done. Five years ago, Downtown Voices held a visioning session, created a “white paper,” and formalized as an organization. Since then, it has participated in many issues and “battles” with much progress made, but with some losses. Now is a good time to move forward with the greater community to re-examine our priorities — what was, is, and can be.
A facilitated, collegial discussion of the way forward for downtown Phoenix. Open to the public. Reservations required for Saturday, January 16 activity.
Opening Reception & Happy Hour ~ “A Look Back”
- Date: Friday, January 15, 2010
- Time: 5-7 p.m.
- Place: Matador Mexican Restaurant, 125 E. Adams St., Phoenix, AZ 85004-2331, (602) 254-7563
- Features: Complimentary appetizers, no host cocktails, introduction to visioning conference, and special presentations
Visioning Conference ~ “Looking Forward”
- Date: Saturday, January 16, 2010
- Time: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. (registration 9:30 a.m.)
- Place: Historic A.E. England Building, Downtown Civic Space, 424 N. Central Ave., Phoenix AZ 85004
- Transportation: Use Park & Ride and Light Rail to Van Buren Station; free parking on lot adjacent to the ASU Walter Cronkite School of Journalism & Mass Communication
- RSVP to Kim Kasper by e-mail if you plan to attend