Daily Archives: January 9, 2010
Posted by DVC
[Source: Yuri Artibise] — CenPhoCamp is an unconference designed to bring small, local central Phoenix organizations together with the customers they serve. Unlike a typical seminar, participants are encouraged to ask questions, to leave sessions they don’t think are helpful and even contribute to the learning as they see fit. Developed as a series of tracks, each session (45 minutes of presentation; 15 minutes of questions and interaction) adheres to one of the following themes:
- Beginner, where those new to marketing can learn about basic approaches
- Technology, offering instructions on the latest web apps
- Community, designed to help businesses enable their customers to be their best advertisers
- Roundtable discussions will take place concurrently with the other presentations
CenPhoCamp, held free of charge, is being run by volunteers only. Rent for the downtown Phoenix facility is being paid by generous session and room sponsors (session sponsorships still available for $20).
Speakers include Designer Nina Miller of ASU; Innovators Derek Neighbors and Chris Conrey of Gangplank; Channel 12 News Anchor Brahm Resnik; Freelance journalist Nick Martin; Light Rail bloggers Nick Bastian and Tony Arranaga; and Small Business Manager Brandon Stout. All of these professionals will share solutions that have worked for them, instead of theories they’d like to see happen.
- Date: Saturday, January 23, 2010
- Time: 1:30 to 8 p.m.
- Place: ASU Walter Cronkite School of Journalism & Mass Communication, 555 N. Central Ave. Use Park & Ride and Light Rail to Van Buren Station; parking adjacent to building.
- Cost: Free (although organizers ask that participants bring food or drink)
- Registration: Online registration is open