The next meeting of the Phoenix Historic Neighborhoods Coalition will be held Thursday, April 30, 2009, starting at 7 p.m. in the Governing Board Room at Phoenix Elementary School District #1 (turn south off Palm Lane, just east of 7th St.; meeting room at northeast corner of the campus). The major agenda items:
- Status report on City of Phoenix Planned Urban Development (PUD) process ~ Paul Barnes, Neighborhood Coalition of Greater Phoenix
- Fund-raising efforts for Phoenix Parks & Recreation and Phoenix After School Center ~ Martin Vogel
- Group discussion on the question, “Does Class 6 status limit the legal protection of historic homeowners in collecting damages from the Arizona Registrar of Contractors?”
- 2009 National Preservation Month Luncheon, May 5, 11:30 a.m., Arizona Biltmore Resort and Spa. Seats are $50. RSVP to Kay via e-mail or phone 602-340-0745.
- 6th Annual Arizona Centennial Workshop, May 21, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Coor Hall, ASU, Tempe. For downloadable flyer, click here.
- 7th Annual Statewide Historic Preservation Partnership Conference, June 18 – 20, Hyatt Regency, downtown Phoenix. For details, click here.
- Historic Homeowner’s Expo, June 20, Hyatt Regency, downtown Phoenix. Free to the public. For details, click here.
- Old/new business.