Category Archives: Transportation
Join us for the next Downtown Voices Coalition Steering Committee meeting on Saturday, April 14, starting at 9:30 a.m. at the Roosevelt Commons Clubhouse, 825 N. 6th Avenue.
WELCOME & INTRODUCTIONS (Tim Eigo)
- Nominating Committee for officer elections at May meeting
- Las Palmas Inn Adaptive Reuse Project (Gene Kornota, Rebel Hospitality)
- American Legion Post #1 (read Bob Graham’s blog post)
- Golden Rule Tattoo request for Text Amendment
- ASU Biomedical Campus Master Plan Update
- Knipe House grant request (4/14 HP Commission Meeting)
- Unsolicited Development Proposal (Hines proposal)
- Renaissance Square Signage/lighting (and elsewhere?)
- South Central Light Rail Extension (4/26 Public Meeting)
- Phoenix Country Club parking lot swap for 15-story condo (4/19 Whitton Neighborhood meeting)
ISSUES & ADVOCACY
- Budget Hearings
- Downtown Community Reinvestment Fund
- Complete Streets Design Guidelines
- Tree and Shade Master Plan
- Street Pavement Cut Policy
- FAA Flight Path Changes
- State Legislature (Ryan Boyd)
- SB1387 –home-based businesses
- SB1014 – partial fix for problem of calling for a 3/4th Council vote on a rezoning issue
- SB1147 – allowing counties to call for an excise tax vote for transportation
- SB1465 – regulating sober living homes
- HB2126 – tightening future language on slum and blight for GPLETs
- HB2371 – food truck licensing statewide
UPCOMING COMMUNITY/CIVIC EVENTS
- 2018 Mayor’s Arts Awards, nominations due May 4
- ArtPrize Phoenix Pitch Night Competition, artist submissions due May 4
- Pinewood Classic and Pinewood Classic Jr., Short Leash Hot Dogs, April 21
- CultivEAT, Growhouse at the Knipe House, April 28
- Urban Wine & Jazz Walk, various downtown locations, May 12
- ArtPrize Artist Pitch Night, FOUND:RE Hotel, May 22
(Note: For downtown events and activities, visit Phoenix Urban Guide and Downtown Phoenix Inc.’s Events Calendar. For a list of community, neighborhood, and city hall meetings, visit Downtown Voices Coalition’s Downtown Phoenix Advocacy Calendar.)
Please join us on Saturday, October 10, starting at 9:30 a.m. at the Roosevelt Commons Clubhouse, 825 N. 6th Avenue, for the next Downtown Voices Coalition Steering Committee meeting. If you have items you would like to see on the agenda, please send us an email.
DRAFT minutes for the September 12, 2015 DVC Steering Committee Meeting are available for review, download, and printing here: http://bit.ly/1MTb4Xp
WELCOME & INTRODUCTIONS
PLANNING & ADVOCACY
DEVELOPMENT WEST OF CENTRAL
DEVELOPMENT EAST OF CENTRAL
SAMPLING OF UPCOMING COMMUNITY EVENTS
We look forward to seeing you on Saturday. Thanks for all that you do for our community.
Chair, Steering Committee
Downtown Voices Coalition
MyPlanPHX provides an opportunity for all Phoenix residents to help shape the future of their city through participation in two very important projects: an update to the city’s General Plan (Conserve Create ConnectPHX), and planning for the communities along the light rail line (ReinventPHX). View the video below and then visit the MyPlanPHX website to begin sharing your opinions.
Local residents of Central City South – young, old, and in-between – carefully thought through and developed a plan to revitalize their neighborhood. They unveiled their community engagement project, “Golden Threads,” this week. Here two young girls examine the map legend of desired buildings and amenities represented on the large-scale model before them.
Phoenix Revitalization Corp., with numerous civic and business partners, organized this project as part of the Central City South Quality of Life Plan.