Daily Archives: March 12, 2013
Earlier today, the City of Phoenix Parks & Recreation Department announced their recommendation for the Hance Park Master Plan RFQ (Request for Qualifications). The four finalist firms were Weddle & Gilmore (from Scottsdale), Stoss Landscape Urbanism (Boston, Mass.), Gould Evans (Phoenix), and West 8 Urban Design (Rotterdam, Netherlands). The recommendation went to Weddle & Gilmore, having scored the most points on the City’s scoring criteria.
Joining Weddle & Gilmore are the following firms with expertise in various areas:
- !melk (landscape architecture) – New York, N.Y.
- Floor Associates (landscape architecture) – Phoenix, Ariz.
- HR&A Advisors (development advisory) – New York, N.Y.
- ETM Associates (public space design) – Highland Park, N.J.
- City Activators Inc. – New York, N.Y.
- Rider Levett Bucknall (construction project management) – global
- Pentagram (visual design) – London / New York, N.Y.
- Kimber Lanning (Local First Arizona) – Phoenix, Ariz.
- Public Workshop (youth involvement in urban design) – Philadelphia, Penn.
- David Evans & Associates (land development design) – Portland, Ore.
- Buro Happold (environmental engineering) – Bath, England, U.K.
- IAS Labs (soil analysis) – Tempe, Ariz.
- Artistic Arborist (tree management) – Phoenix, Ariz.
- RAMM (geotechnical engineering) – Tempe, Ariz.
We look forward to working with Weddle & Gilmore as well as these other organizations to make Hance Park a world-class park.