ASU Downtown Phoenix Campus celebrates Homecoming
[Source: ASU News]
Throughout the week, ASU’s Downtown Phoenix campus will host a slew of pride and spirit-building events for 2010 Devilish Homecoming.
Beads, pom-poms, banners, balloons, footballs, floats will fill out the downtown landscape as students prepare to show their school pride.
“Bleeding maroon and gold for this year’s Devilish Homecoming will be easy for students, faculty and staff on the ASU Phoenix Downtown campus. These student-planned events – from donating your hair and blood for good causes to exploring the Arizona Science Center for an all night exclusive to ASU students – is sure to bring out much of ASU’s spirit and pride,” said Cassandra Aska, Student Engagement director. “There is something for everyone to show their love for ASU.”
Scheduled DPC activities for Homecoming 2010 week includes:
- Homecoming Coronation, 7 p.m., Friday, Oct. 22, Memorial Union, Turquoise room, Tempe campus.
- Sparky’s Challenge, Kickball Tournament, 3 p.m. to 5 p.m., Sunday, Oct. 24, at Margaret T. Hance Park, 1134 N. Central Ave., Phoenix. (Field is located on 1st Street)
- Locks of Love & Bald for Bucks hair donation and fundraising, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Monday, Oct. 25, at Taylor Mall, 6 to 11 p.m.
- Office Decorating Contest, Tuesday, Oct. 26, all ASU Downtown Phoenix campus buildings and members of the Use it Here Program.
- Devil City, Wednesday, 7 p.m. to 10 p.m., Wednesday, Oct. 27, at the Arizona Science Center, 600 E. Washington St., Phoenix.
- Mini- Root Beer Float building, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Thursday, Oct. 28, at Taylor Mall.
- FestDevil Float Building Party and blood drive, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Friday, Oct. 29, at Taylor Mall. Parade Float Building unveiled 9 p.m., Taylor Place, 120 E. Taylor Place.
- ASU Homecoming 2010 block party, parade and game, Saturday, Oct. 30, Sun Devil Stadium, Tempe. Join the universitywide festivities on the Tempe campus three hours before the Sun Devils take on the Washington State Cougars. The DPC will have a tent on location, which will include refreshments, prizes and activities for kids.