Things you can do to support Phoenix arts & culture
[Source: Maricopa Partnership for Arts and Culture] — Every member of our community deserves to have opportunities to discover and enjoy a diversity of arts and culture offerings. Access to the arts for individuals and families depends on community support and action. Fortunately, there is a great deal you can do to help, and most of it is fun! Here are some ideas of how to get involved and help keep arts and culture a vital piece of our quality of life.
- Attend an event – visit www.ShowUp.com to find the surprising variety of offerings available every week in the region.
- Take a child to a museum, the zoo, or a live performance for kids.
- Encourage your employees to attend and support arts and culture organizations and events.
- Advocate for arts education experiences for young people.
- Advocate to your peers nationwide that Greater Phoenix is emerging as a worldclass, 21st Century region.
- Integrate arts and culture support in your company’s business plan.
- Sign up for the MPAC eNewsletter to stay informed on MPAC’s activities.
- Use your influence to ensure that your elected officials understand the critical business case for a vibrant and sustainable arts and culture community.
- Sign up at Arizona Citizens for the Arts for information and updates on legislation that impacts the arts and cultural sector.
- Support efforts to secure funding for the region’s non-profit arts and culture organizations.
- Speak up for arts and culture as a vital piece of our economic prosperity and infrastructure.
- Share your thoughts and ideas at firstname.lastname@example.org