Author Archives: azatty
- WELCOME & INTRODUCTIONS
- ISSUES & ADVOCACY
- DEVELOPMENT ROUNDTABLE
- UPCOMING COMMUNITY/CIVIC EVENTS
- NEW BUSINESS
Saturday, Oct. 10, 2015
825 N. 6th Ave., Phoenix, AZ 85003
WELCOME & INTRODUCTIONS
APPROVAL OF MINUTES from Sept. 12, 2015
- Available for review, download, and printing here
APPLICATIONS/VOTE FOR STEERING COMMITTEE MEMBERSHIP
- Jeffery Sherman
- Kim Moody
- Lindsay Kinkade on resolution of ASU signage variance request
- Sean Sweat on code interpretation at McDowell & Alvarado/5th Ave. (i.e. Alliance’s Broadstone project)
PLANNING & ADVOCACY UPDATES
- Downtown representatives requested to serve on Citizens Transportation Committee
- DT/DPI survey results delivered to City of Phoenix department directors, and the variation in response between neighbors and City Directors
- City of Phoenix Alley Committee
- FAA flight path changes
- City of Phoenix Tree Ordinance Review Committee
- 3rd/5th Avenue switch from 1-way to 2-way
- APS recent outages
DEVELOPMENT WEST OF CENTRAL
- Containers on Grand news
- Arizona State Fairgrounds
- Triangle Neighborhood
- City of Phoenix RFPs
DEVELOPMENT EAST OF CENTRAL
- Circle K at 7th St. and Roosevelt (and adjacent electronic billboard)
- Roosevelt Business Improvement District (BID)
- Future guest speaker ideas welcomed
- Collier Center seeks ideas on new restaurant type
SAMPLING OF UPCOMING COMMUNITY EVENTS
REMINDER ABOUT NOVEMBER MEETING
Due to conflicts with our participation in the terrific Grand Avenue Festival, we are moving our November meeting to Saturday, Nov. 21. Same time, same place.
Dear friends and supporters of Downtown Voices Coalition:
DVC had issues with trying to secure a date with our most interested venue for our 10th Anniversary Celebration and as the dates continued to conflict, our Steering Committee decided to postpone until Fall 2014.
Expect news over the summer as we get our event better planned and decide on the perfect place and date. Thanks for signing up, and we’ll keep you informed via the usual email list for more information. Our May meeting is still cancelled but we will have our next General Meeting Saturday, June 14.
Finally, please continue to send your pictures of DVC events and activities over the past decade to firstname.lastname@example.org! These can include any pictures you have from DVC events or DVC’s participation at other events; downtown buildings that have been saved, rehabilitated, or lost; and the things you love or don’t love about downtown Phoenix.
Thanks for all you do for downtown Phoenix,
Edward C.H. Jensen
Secretary, Steering Committee
on behalf of the DVC Steering Committee
The Holiness Project will be presented at The Icehouse Phoenix located at 429 W Jackson St., Phoenix, AZ, 85003 on Saturday, May 3rd from 7:00 to 9:30pm with reception immediately following. Featuring performances from local artists Taran Emmert, Patrick Michael Finn, Jake Friedman and Four Chambers Press, Heather Lee Harper, Keith Kelly, Jeanette LeBlanc, Akiva Yael, Ashley Oakley, John Elliott Oyzon, Erin Schaad, Chris Danowski, Melissa Tramuta, Jane Ysadora, and Cassandra Wallick; with visual art from Joshua T. Ruth, Jillian Sinclair, Chanelle Sinclair, and Indiana Nelson. Cuisine by 24 Carrots.
The Holiness Project is a multimedia performance event and art show exploring the intersection of the sacred and the mundane. What does holiness mean on the most personal level? What happens when the ordinary objects of our bodies, lives, minds and hearts cross paths with something greater? The Holiness Project explores these questions in an immersive/interactive evening of film, dance, performance art, poetry, music, and kirtan.
Doors at 6:30. Performance promptly at 7:00pm. Admission is $11, no one turned away. For more information, contact Jane Ysadora at email@example.com.
- Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis economist William R. Emmons
- Arizona State University geographer Deirdre Pfeiffer
- Mortgage Resolution Partners CEO Graham Williams
The moderator will be Fernanda Santos, Phoenix Bureau Chief for the New York Times.
More information is here.
We meet at the Roosevelt Commons Clubhouse, 825 N. 6th Ave. in downtown Phoenix. We have a few items on our plate, including a discussion of Hance Park and the finalization of our New Years’ Resolutions from January. Come join us with your thoughts and ideas.
Snacks? You never know!
We hope to see you there.
More detail is here.
RSVP to this free event by January 9, 2013 to 602-543-6440.