Daily Archives: December 2, 2017
Join us for the holiday Downtown Voices Coalition Steering Committee meeting, Saturday, December 9, starting at 9:30 a.m. at the Roosevelt Commons Clubhouse, 825 N. 6th Avenue.
Of course, if it’s December it means the meeting will include our annual holiday food, drink, and related merriment. That is the perfect meeting to bring a friend who may be curious about DVC and what we do. Plus, they may like food and holiday cheer. You’d hope.
And please <important information coming>:
- Feel free to bring some tasty morsels to share. Sweet or savory, we like them all – just like our neighbors! If there is something you think the gathering would enjoy, or that says “Holidays” to you, we’d love to try it.
- Consider bringing a canned good(s) to support the Society of St. Vincent de Paul’s Food Bank. We’ll be collecting and delivering everything you donate.
Whether you’re naughty or nice, we hope you can drop by to learn more about our city and to meet friends old and new.
WELCOME & INTRODUCTIONS ~ Tim Eigo
- Central Station RFP (Downtown) ~ Jay Fetherston, City of Phoenix
- Central & Adams Street RFP (Downtown) ~ due 1/18/18
- 2017-2018 Downtown Development RFPs ~ due 6/29/18
- Unsolicited Development Proposal Policy for City-Owned Properties (page 125)
- Knipe House RFP (Evans Churchill)
- 837 N. 5th Avenue infill proposal (Roosevelt)
- 3rd Street & McDowell residential/mixed use proposal (Midtown)
ISSUES & ADVOCACY
- Downtown Strategic Vision Update
- Downtown Code Text Amendments (including Frontages/Substations)
- Downtown Community Reinvestment Fund usage for parking spaces
- Downtown Signage (e.g., Renaissance Center, 111 W. Monroe, BMO, UA)
- 30-Day Demolition Hold “expansion” to single family/duplexes in Downtown Core area
- FAA Flight Path Changes
- Tree & Shade Master Plan
- Bicycle Master Plan
- MAG Active Transportation Plan Survey (feel free to take the survey now)
UPCOMING COMMUNITY/CIVIC EVENTS
- Time to share!
NEW BUSINESS (including holiday festivities)