Ho Ho Ho Friends of Downtown Voices Coalition:
Time once again for DVC’s monthly Steering Committee Meeting. Please join us on Saturday, December 13, starting at 9:30 a.m. at the Roosevelt Commons Clubhouse, 825 N. 6th Avenue. This is the group’s annual holiday mixer, so we’ll try to keep business “short and sweet.” And you’re welcome to bring a holiday treat for all to enjoy.
As Santa would want, take a peek at Saturday’s DVC agenda. Who’s been naughty and who’s been nice since we last met? New items are highlighted in red. The “other” bullet points allow for new/other/just-came-up items to be discussed under each section.
Welcome & Introductions
- Proposed 2014 Recap of Issues & Actions (Tim Eigo)
- Treasurer’s Report (Louisa Stark)
Today’s Guest Speaker
- Jonathan Koppell, Dean, ASU College of Public Programs; Lattie & Elva Coor Presidential Chair, ASU School of Public Affairs
- Jefferson Hotel/Barrister Place (Mark Davis)
- Containers on Grand (Kathleen Santin)
- City Observatory Report on High Poverty Neighborhoods
- Central Arizona Shelter Services Overflow (Capitol Mall)
- Airport Flight Pattern Changes (various downtown neighborhoods)
- State Fairgrounds (Fairview Place)
- Status of Ted DeGrazia Murals, 222 E. Roosevelt (Evans Churchill)
- Hance Park (Evans Churchill)
- City of Phoenix Ordinance Review re trees, trees, trees
- Transit Open Data Release
- PlanPHX “next steps”
Adjournment… to holiday mixer
At any time you’re welcome to check out our Downtown Phoenix Community Calendar, online here. If you know of events to add to the calendar, please send us an email.
We look forward to seeing you on Saturday! Thanks for all that you do for our community. Happy Holidays!
Chair, Steering Committee
Downtown Voices Coalition