[Source: City of Phoenix]
Recently, the Phoenix City Council completed its initial review of the city’s draft strategic plan and proposed mission statement. Going forward, the plan will help guide city decision-making and focus the city’s efforts on its core priorities.
The plan concentrates on 10 study areas, which are: Economic Development and Education; Financial Excellence; Infrastructure; Innovation and Efficiency; Neighborhoods and Livability; Phoenix Team, Public Safety; Social Services Delivery; Sustainability; and Technology.
The plan’s priorities and strategies were drafted by teams of city staff and members of the private sector. The teams relied on existing department strategic plans, public documents and other sources of community input while writing the draft plan. The last strategic plan was released in 1990 and has not been formally updated in more than 20 years.
Residents may learn more about the process, view the draft strategic plan, and provide feedback by visiting the Phoenix Strategic Plan website or by calling 602-262-6941. Residents also can provide input on the strategic plan as a part of the city’s budget hearing process in April.
Below is a list of scheduled strategic plan and budget hearings. The start times listed below are for the strategic plan hearing, and the budget hearing will begin one hour after the stated time.
- 5 p.m. Wednesday, April 13, Burton Barr Library, Auditorium, 1221 N. Central Ave.
- 9 a.m. Thursday, April 7, Devonshire Senior Center, Multi Purpose Room, 2802 E. Devonshire St.
- 5 p.m. Thursday, April 7, Paradise Valley Community Center, Multi Purpose Room, 17402 N. 40th St.
- 5 p.m. Thursday, April 7, Neighborhood Resource Center, 2405 E. Broadway Road
- 5 p.m. Monday, April 11, Cowden Center, Barb’s Room, 9202 N. Second St.
- 5 p.m. Tuesday, April 12, Manzanita Senior Center, 3581 W. Northern Ave.
- 5 p.m. Tuesday, April 12, Black Mountain Police Precinct, Community Room, 33355 N. Cave Creek Road
- 5 p.m. Tuesday, April 12, Cesar Chavez High School, Cafeteria, 3921 W. Baseline Road
- 5 p.m. Wednesday, April 13, Goelet A. Beuf Community Center, Multi Purpose Room, 3435 W. Pinnacle Peak Road
- 5 p.m. Wednesday, April 13, Longview Neighborhood Recreation Center, Gymnasium, 4040 N. 14th St.
- 5 p.m. Thursday, April 14, Madison School District Office, Board Room, 5601 N. 16th St.
- 5 p.m. Tuesday, April 19, Shadow Mountain Senior Center, 3546 E. Sweetwater Ave.
- 5 p.m. Tuesday, April 19, Maryvale Community Center, Auditorium, 4420 N. 51st Ave.
- 5 p.m. Tuesday, April 19, Pecos Community Center, 17010 S. 48th St.
- 5 p.m. Wednesday, April 20, Carl Hayden High School, Auditorium, 3333 W. Roosevelt St. This meeting will be conducted in a bilingual (English and Spanish) format.
For more information, visit the Phoenix Strategic Plan website.