Phoenix Historic Neighborhood Coalition meeting Thurs, Oct 21st
Phoenix Elementary School District. #1 1817 N 7th Street
Emerson Court Governing Board Room at Palm Ln parking entrance
Thursday October 21, 2010 7 pm
1. Call to Order/Sign in/Introductions
2. Justin Johnson
- LD 10 candidate
3. HP office/HP commission updates
- Whiffen House lost)
4. Ramada Inn Dog Park Endeavor
- Hearing 11/4 at 12 noon
5. Harry F Pierce House 100th birthday celebration
- 11/13 @ Salvation Army Complex at 3rd Ave & Fillmore from 11am to 3 pm
- Other festivities 9 am to 5 pm
6. Reverse Lanes on 7th Ave and 7th St
- 3 public meetings held.
7. Bashas’ #3, 3320 N 7th Ave,
- Series 09-off sale all liquor
8. Outreach to other historic districts
9. New draft General Plan?
10. Midtown Phx Light Rail station @ Osborn development typology plan.
11. Nominations for PHNC Board officers (election in November)
12. November 18 meeting:
- Cancel/change date/DIFFERENT LOCATION!
- Current room booked from Dec 2010 thru June 2011 on 3rd Thursdays
13. Upcoming events/dates to remember/announcements/future business
a. Sky Harbor Airport’s 75th anniversary this month
b. Kenilworth School’s 90th birthday party Sat 10/23 at 10 am
c. Central United Methodist Church’s 140th anniversary 11/21 (tour 11/13?)
d. Marshall Shore’s Phoenix in a Hurry: Kingston Trio in the Valley, Thurs 11/18, 7pm, Doors open at 6:30, @AZ Hist Soc Museum, $20
e. Encanto Park’s 75th anniversary fundraising gala
(Thanksgiving weekend details at friendsofencantopark.ning.com)
f. FQ Story Home tour in December – PHNC table?
g. Tovrea Castle book release date?
And don’t forget to cast your ballot by Nov. 2 (Position paper RE: SB1166-like bills to follow)
- President: Steve Procaccini (602) 692-8421; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vice President: GG George (602) 252-3151; email@example.com
- Treasurer: Marge McCue (602) 253-5579; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary: Robert Warnicke (602) 738-7382; email@example.com