Daily Archives: June 21, 2009
For more information about Independents Week, click here.
The next meeting of the Phoenix Historic Neighborhoods Coalition will be held Thursday, June 25, 2009, starting at 7 p.m. in the Governing Board Room at Phoenix Elementary School District #1 (turn south off Palm Lane, just east of 7th St.; meeting room at northeast corner of the campus). The major agenda items:
- Update on 1302 W. McDowell issue (G.G. George)
- 7th St. & 7th Ave and new City Council subcommittee
- Central Phoenix Vitality Initiatives mapping (Jim McPherson)
- Report on the status of Phoenix Planned Urban Development (PUD) review (Paul Barnes)
- Holding home prices in historic neighborhoods
- Open agenda
More great photographs of downtown and metro Phoenix. Click here to view more by Flickr photographer rejuvesite.
[Source: Doug Murphy, Ahwatukee Foothills News] — Heads up if you’re traveling in the downtown Phoenix area over the next several weekends. Interstate 10’s “Deck Park Tunnel” will be closed one direction at a time for three of the next four weekends while road crews perform regular maintenance on the fire detection system. The one exception will be over the Fourth of July weekend (July 3-6) when there will be no restrictions.
Restrictions will impact eastbound motorists over the first two weekends of road work, and then switch to westbound traffic for the last two weekends. The detour route is McDowell Road, although transportation officials recommend motorists bypass I-10 and use Interstate 17 instead. Traffic from Ahwatukee Foothills can avoid delays by taking I-17 near Sky Harbor International Airport. Westbound I-10 traffic will be detoured off at Seventh Street to McDowell Road and returned to I-10 at Seventh Avenue. The work schedule is:
- June 26 11 p.m. – June 29 5 a.m.: Eastbound I-10 will be closed the same as the previous weekend, with the same ramp closures and detours in place.
- July 10 11 p.m. – July 13 5 a.m.: Westbound I-10 will be closed from Seventh Street to Seventh Avenue. Also closed will be the westbound Loop 202 and the southbound State Route 51 ramps to westbound I-10. westbound I-10 ramps at 16th and Seventh streets will also be closed.
- July 17 11 a.m. – July 20 5 a.m.: Westbound I-10 will be closed the same as the previous weekend, with the same ramp closures and detours in place.