[Source: Ruth Ann Marston] — The next regular meeting of the Phoenix Historic Neighborhoods Coalition will take place Thursday, January 15, 2009, starting at 7 p.m. at the Phoenix Elementary District #1 Governing Board Room (turn south off Palm Lane, just east of 7th St., meeting in northeast corner of campus). Top topics of discussion will be:
- Update on planned preservation of The Light of the World Church, 1206 N. Laurel Ave. (Pastor Carlos A. Montemayor)
- Phoenix’s Planned Urban Development (PUD) ordinance — threat or promise for historic preservation in Arizona?
- Light Rail — Can we help to make it better?
- Planning for 7th Annual Arizona Statewide Historic Preservation Partnership Conference, June 18 – 20, downtown Phoenix Hyatt
- 2nd Annual Historic Photographs Fair, Saturday, January 24, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Free admission to the Arizona Historical Society Museum, 1300 N. College Ave., Tempe — Still time to enter!
For more information, visit the organization’s website here.