Daily Archives: September 18, 2008
On September 15, Valley Metro began light rail testing in downtown Phoenix. The test train was still being escorted by police, but made about four round-trips. Cosmoflanker’s YouTube video offers three perspectives:
- First part catches the train southbound passing through the Central & Roosevelt Station onto the transition to 1st Ave.
- Second part, northbound on Central passing through the Central & Roosevelt Station.
- Third part southbound again through the Central & Roosevelt Station but viewed from across the street (southwest corner of 1st Ave/Roosevelt).
The downtown Phoenix campuses of Arizona State University and the University of Arizona are sponsors of a “GET SMART” monthly breakfast series. This month’s featured speaker is Jaime Molera, founding partner of Molera Alvarez Group and co-chair of Arizona’s Bioscience Roadmap Federal/State Relations Committee. Jaime will speak on “All Politics are Local: How the elections — from president to school boards — affect our world. A view from downtown Phoenix.”
- Date: Tuesday, September 23, 2008
- Time: 7:30 to 8:30 a.m.
- Place: Tom’s Tavern, 2 N. Central Ave. (northeast corner of 1st Ave & Washington)
- Cost: Free, breakfast additional
- RSVP: Sheila Maddox, 602-827-2007 or via e-mail