Well, according to the Phoenix Business Journal they do. And they encourage you to shell out $80 for an evening of “networking and discovery” along with heavy hors’ doeuvres, cocktails, and “spirited” discussion (no doubt due in part to the cocktails) at the 2nd annual “Structures… defining a city” event.
Among the topics to be discussed by local architects include: Valley Architecture… Are we getting it right? Do we have nationally significant projects? Can good architecture exist in a planning vacuum? Moderator is Don Henninger, publisher of the Business Journal; the 2008 panelists include:
- John Kane, Principal, Architekton Inc.
- Patrick Hayes, Patrick Hayes Architecture, Inc.
- Darren Petrucci, Director & Associate Professor, Architecture, ASU
- Marlene Imirzian, Marlene Imirzian & Associates
- Mike Davis, DAVIS (formerly DFD CornoyerHedrick)